Mom and Me - Reuse and Repurpose with TruKid Products!
TruKid cares deeply about the earth, which is why all of our packaging is recyclable, compostable, or dissolvable. However, these three processes aren’t the only way to dispose of empty TruKid products in an earth friendly way. You can turn to crafting! When finished with any of our bottled products, such as your Friendly Face wash, Helping Hand Wash, Bubbly Bath Body and Hair Wash, Silly Shampoo, Cool Conditioner, or Dancing Detangler, try out this project to repurpose your bottle in a fun way. This is one of a few great projects for parents and children to do together!
Did you know that your TruKid bottle can double as a sail boat?! After completing this project, your bottle will be a fun bath toy!
What You Will Need:
- Empty TruKid or TruBaby bottle
- Hot glue gun
1) Start by removing the cap from your bottle, rinsing the container out, and drying it off.
2) Peel off the label and fold it diagonally from top corner to bottom so that it makes a triangle shape. Set this aside, you will need it later.
3) Cut the bottle in half down the side (vertically) using strong scissors (mom or dad, this is your part!).
4) Glue the bottoms of both halves to one another with the both insides open and facing up. Hold until glue is firm. This will be the main compartment of your boat!
5) Time to pull out the glue gun, mom or dad! Take the cap and pump from the bottle and glue the lower cylinder perpendicular to the intersection of the two bottle halves so that if the open side of the boat base is facing up, the pump and cap sticks straight up. Hold until glue is firm.
6) Finally, make a line of glue down the side of the pump, stick the folded label to the glue, wait for it to dry. Now, you have a little boat perfect for bath-time play!