TruKid is looking for a social media rockstar to join our team. Read on for details:
Industry: Social Media/ PR/ Marketing
Job Duration: Part Time Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA
Experience Level: 2+ years
Social Media Coordinator & Community Brand Outreach
Are you a regular contributor in content communities such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube?
Do you love to be creative and share your message? Then we NEED YOU!
We are seeking someone who is extremely active (and loves) in the social media space, updates their social media on a daily basis, and is an outgoing communicator, who is adept at using visual tools and the written word. The ideal candidate will be an innovative thinker who is resourceful and hard-working with a metrics-driven approach and mindset. . . .And knows how to grow an online brand.
Our Social Media Coordinator/Outreach position will develop benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results. They must be an organized and productive person who pioneers new ideas and takes initiative, yet enjoys the processes inherent in working in a collaborative environment.
S/he will have excellent writing skills with an ability to match tone, style and content to company voice and vision (but you can add your own twist to it too), as well as great visual aesthetic, and a particularly good eye for graphic design/photography.
An ability to react quickly and take ownership of goals, multitask and juggle many projects at one time, and use good judgment to determine priorities are crucial. This position participates in creating and updating marketing content including highly shareable assets such as e-blasts, videos, web content, blog posts, and social media content.
Bonus points if you also have any PR and marketing experience with an in depth understanding of how to craft a solid pitch that resonates. (but not necessary)
You must be able to multitask and work with uncertainty, keeping up with trends, and increasing customer engagement over a number of multiple platforms. This position is perfect for someone looking to expand in a social media/ marketing career. Come learn and have fun with a great team and casual environment!
RESPONSIBILITIES: Social Media/Communication strategy:
- Utilize social media daily to grow and enhance our brand with all social media platforms and track campaign performance
- Develop and oversee execution of the overall social media/communications, including key communication tactics and digital audience development, to drive ecommerce sales.
- Coordinate and facilitate development of campaign messages and communications strategies
- Help to develop clear, metrics to evaluate outcomes throughout each campaign and platform
- Help us create social media campaigns with content that is appropriate to our audience and captivating, driving likes and shares
- Respond to comments, questions, likes, shares, find new followers and brand advocates.
- Help create and write mass emails to our mailing lists
- Use MailChimp to maintain electronic membership lists
- Use MailChimp to develop and deploy targeted email blasts weekly
Media outreach (if you have PR experience): (not essential, but would nice or willing to learn)
- Devise media plans and strategies including a creative and compelling content calendar
- Acquire editorial calendars and pitch accordingly
- Research relevant tier 1 media to pitch to
- Develop and maintain relationships with key journalists
- Research and write direct pitches that resonate with media outlets
- Maintain correspondence with media to ensure their needs are met and that we secure a placement
- Research and schedule speaking engagements for our CEO
- Write talking points for our CEO
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communication or other related field
-Passionate about natural products and kids products
- 2+ years work experience in social media, and/or marketing/advertising; Some direct experience of researching, writing and editing is desirable.
- Thorough understanding of the digital and social media universe including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Pinterest, Google, Twitter, blogs, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, plus an understanding of appropriate tone and content for online communication.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, team-oriented, ability to wear a number of hats.
- Excels at research, is able to identify threats and opportunities in social media content.
-Doer with a track record of accomplishment
-Creative mind, with prior successes in driving the creative process.
-Strong organizational, planning and project management competencies
-Must be proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Familiar with Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Familiar with SEO
- Must have experience with metrics tools and programs
Please send an email to email@example.com with “Social Media Coordinator & Community Brand Outreach” in the subject line including:
- Cover letter
- 3 favorite online brands and explain why
- 2 quick ideas on how we can improve and expand our existing social media content (do you get it?)
- 3 writing samples, can be links (if you have any) please share your social media with us
full or part time – depending on the candidates
Salary: $17-$20/hour plus benefits for full time position.
Must be able to come and work at our office in Oakland. This is not a work at home position.
No phone calls please.
Developed by Jennifer Adams Bunkers, CEO and mother of six. TruKid is dedicated to creating all natural skin and hair care, teaching kids to be independent while making parents' lives easier. With products like our award-winning sun care and on-the-go sticks, we take care of kids through their daily adventures to a peaceful bedtime. TruKid encourages kids to create healthy habits, starting with their skin, but we also want it to be enjoyable and effortless. That is why we use brightly colored bottles, fun product names and employ a symbol system that kids can easily recognize. Comitted to providing quality products and education in a safe, fun and effective manner, we encourage an active lifestyle with our innovative all natural products that families can trust.